Saturday, February 23, 2013

Waiting for forever

How long does waiting feel?  This picture of Aloizs (Mitchell) was taken a year after being taken away from his mom.  In 2007 he was removed from his home and placed in an orphanage, not knowing what the future held.  How long was the waiting?  Every day not knowing how much longer he had to wait...was she coming back?, did she still love him?, would he see her again? Then the day his mom's rights are terminated, does he understand what that means?  how old was he?  How must that of felt, to know she wasn't coming back, that he wouldn't see her again...Then a new waiting began.  Would he get a new family? would today be the day?  how long would it be before his new family came for him?  ...

...now 6 years later he still waiting for a family...Waiting for forever...Waiting for a family to love must feel like forever, waiting to have a mom to love you...waiting for forever is what it must feel like to a child.  Day in and day out not knowing if that day will ever come.  

Many times He has said he waits every day for me.  I can't imagine how long waiting must be for a child without a family.  Six long years (about 2,190 days) without a family.
Now, he has found a family that loves him.  He is happy and sad everyday.  back waiting for what feels like forever.  He cries because everyday he wants to see his family that he loves again.  He says his dreams have finally come true...he is so close, but yet still waiting, still not very sure what the future holds, but has a glimpse of hope that that day of being loved in a family could finally be just around the corner.

It is so very hard after being with us for 4 weeks to now be separated. a lot of children that have been institutionalized have attachment disorders, and so far with our Mitchell he shows no signs of this, he is very much attached to me and our family.  I hear from him every morning when he gets up at 7:30am (Latvia)  which is 12:30am here in the US.  Usually by 1:08am (8:08am Latvia) He is at school and is at the Library writing me.  and so goes the rest of his day.  He writes me most days all day or at least once an hour every hour.  It starts at 12am for me and then he will go to bed and I stop hearing from him at about 4pm (11pm Latvia)  I am very thankful for every message from him.  I am glad he is able to stay in touch, I don't know what we would do without it.  It is a blessing to be able to communicate so much.  We also talk on the phone every 3 days.  His English is getting very good, and we are able to talk more and more while on the phone.   It is a blessing that I am so grateful for!!
With all of that said you can see why there are never any blogs:)  I am writing him all hours of the day and night...while working diligently on ALL of the adoption papers and running that goes along with it.  Not to mention Ministry, and homeschooling and fund raising... but I miss being able to update everyone.  I want everyone to know I greatly appreciate all of the encouragement from you guys during this journey.  This has not been an easy road to go down.  I get little sleep, my heart is heavy, my mind is full of all the "Adoption detail stuff", and I love my family and try to still be with them and keep up with their schedules.  I hope I live to see him come home:) 

update on where we are in the process.
A few days ago we had what I thought was going to be a big bump in the road and that it would set us back 2-3weeks, I had my moment of a cry on my bed. (which I can't remember the last time I have had one of those)  after my wonderful husband reminding me God is still in control I got up and got back to work on our next set of papers.  With in the next few days...maybe the next day, It all turned around...God is still in control!  We have now jumped ahead in the process with a miracle of having our Home study finished (should have final copy this week), ready for our next application for the US, and on Tuesday we get our final papers for LATVIA notarized and should be ready to head to Raleigh to have them Apostilled with the next week !!  We are very much ahead of the game, God turned it all around.  Praise God for His Greatness, and care for every detail of our life!  We serve a God that nothing is impossible!!
Now that we are ready with these papers, we are at a very expensive stage in the adoption process.  These next documents are very expensive costing $1000s.  with these next few steps we will need around $3000-$4000.  But just with the issues from last week we are believing God for a miracle, because we know He can do the impossible.

If you would like to make a donation, we could use your help right now.  Every amount helps!!  Thank you all for your prayers and support!
To make an online donation you can go to the link below, and designate for Tony and Melanie Bell

Thank you and God Bless each of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment