Sunday, March 17, 2013

St Patrick's Day felt like Valentines day

Our Aloizs Mitchell is one precious child.  I haven't blogged in awhile...but I wanted to share the depth of love that comes from a child that is so full of love, but has been robbed his whole life from receiving the love he should of gotten.  This precious little boy that is now 15 years old is so full of love to give, it amazes me.  
Today is St. Patrick's Day, but felt more like Valentine's Day, like most days do for me.  Most of the time we share how much we love a family member on special days like Mother's Day, Valentines Day or Birthdays.  All the days in between we might say "I love you" in the morning and at night.  Maybe on the phone here and there...how many times do we tell the ones we love, that we love them?  
I hear from our Aloizs all day and night and I am very thankful that one we have the technology to talk and two that he would take the time to write me.  
So today I thought wow how often I have heard him say I love you everyday since he has left which has been 2 months, and thought wow, we should should say I love you more to the ones we love.  That how much more loved we feel when we hear that all day.  I decided to reopen all of my messages from him today and count how many times he told me that he loved me...and it was 40 times just today that he said "I love you my mom for life, I promise."  Have any of us ever told our family we loved them 40 times in one day?  
can I say I feel loved by this child!
I have often said that I feel a lot of times like he says to me what he wants to hear back, of course I say it back each and every time.  He has been robbed of a mom telling him "I love you" everyday of his life, and we have 15 years to make up for.  
Tell your family you love them more, tell your children you love them more, don't miss an opportunity you never know how that could change a day, change a year, or even change your child's future.  When we feel loved we are secure, happy, fulfilled, safe, empowered, successful, encouraged, and even invincible.  Love is a powerful thing.  The Bible says 

    1 Corinthians 13 
    The Greatest Gift ] Though I speak with the tongues ofmen and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I havethe gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. ...
    1 Corinthians 13:13
  1. And now abide faith, hope, lovethese three; but the greatest of these is love.


No comments:

Post a Comment