Monday, May 13, 2013

waiting

Update:
well we are still waiting to hear from Orphan Ministry, to receive his file.  It has been 2 weeks, which feels like months. from what I have heard there is no set time schedule of this process. some people have gotten theirs in 2 weeks some 2 months.  Of course I am praying for the 2 weeks. I know God has to be tired of hearing from me about this adoption:)

Mitchell is doing very good, he goes to the gym every few days, plays outside now that the weather is beautiful in Riga.
I talked with him on the phone this past Saturday and he said a new sentence in English...He said we only have 3 more weeks until summer.  I was really proud of him.  He tries very hard to learn English.  I know that can't be easy.  He is very excited that summer is coming.

He wrote me one day last week and was sad because they had told him we were hosting him and that he would be coming June 27 until Aug.1 and he didn't like that at all.  Told me he was sad and didn't know why he would only be in America for 1 month.  So I told him we had decided not to host him this summer, that the adoption agent said we should be in Latvia in June or July.  He was ok with that.  and said that was what the orphanage director told him, but he believed me.  I am very glad God directed me not to host, he really didn't understand that and didn't want to do that.  God is good and always leads us in the right direction.  I am so thankful for the God I serve.  I told him we first thought we might not get to come to Latvia  that soon and we were going to host so we could see him over the summer, but I don't know if he understood that.  All he knows is he wants us to come to Latvia and then bring him home forever not for a month.  So He knows we are just waiting on Latvia to let us know when we can go and he is good with that.

We have finished his room.  new carpet, painted it green (which is his favorite color), got his new bed and comforter.  I  still have to put things on the walls and hang the curtains, but it is coming together, and ready for him to come home.  I told my family I am so happy for him to have his own room and to have a "big" bed.  He has been in an orphanage sharing a room with boys in a twin bed for a very long time.  So happy for him.  I sent him a picture of his bed today, and he said he liked it a lot!

Well, thank you guys for your continued prayers as we continue to wait.  I have good days and bad days, I live on an emotional roll a coaster journey.  but I try to tell myself I have only waited for 4 months and which is just a small indication of the waiting and heart ache  he has done and gone through for years.  Many many years of waiting to be with a family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment